Revised and updated: How to Start a Webdesign Business
This is fun to browse through: Killer Startups – new sites reviewed daily…
Do you use WordPress for your designs? If so you might love this site: WP Scoop. While I was there I found this cool article: 18 Alterntive Ways to Use WordPress. I also like this WP Theme Building Cheat Sheet.
If you’re getting started in the webdesign business you’ll get a lot of help from joining an online community. I just joined The V7 Network and have been a member of the Women Designers Group mailing list for years. When you need help with a webdesign project – there it is!
I lost my job at a local business just over a year ago. With the recession and competition for jobs here in California, I’ve thought about returning to webdesign. That depends on whether I can sell that novel I recently finished revising for the sixth time. I’m submitting it to agents now. I see webdesign as ‘easy money’ in one respect, because lots of people need webdesigners… but not so easy when I consider the time I’d have to put into making it work.
In any case, I’m going to start redesigning this site. It will be an intense project as I don’t want to just toss something together… I’m looking forward to a project that expands my creative design skills and produces a truly unique web experience. How’s that for a goal?
About MeI'm a xhtml/css web designer. I owned a webdesign business for five years and now write about how to start a webdesign business.
- Free Sample Service Invoice For Web Design Businesses
- Web Design Inspiration Sites
- Daily Work Schedules
- Accounting for a Small Home-Based Webdesign Business
- Applying For A Business License
- A Browser Collection: What A Webdesigner Really Needs
- How to Write a Webdesign Company Mission Statement
- Masterminding Your Webdesign Business
- Why I Started My Web Design Business
- The New Web Designer In Town